Dragons & Coffee

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A cozy place for gamers to discuss games and share opinions.

3 posters

Pillars of Eternity

grinus
    grinus

Pillars of Eternity - Page 2 Empty Re: Pillars of Eternity

Post by grinus Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:08 pm

LunaFancy wrote:Wow, this game is hard! I've died 5 times at the keep so far- damned shadow/phantom/wil'o'the wisp muggers! Loving it! Smile

C'mon Peregrinus, you know you want to play it too... lol!

I heard on twitter about some unkillable bear on PoE . Everyone seems to be having a good time of it. Smile
    LunaFancy
    LunaFancy

Post by LunaFancy Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 am

My one 'gripe' so far is the fixed camera, it took me a little while to get used to the characters travelling directions. Ideally I'd like a mouse look in a game so I can get the camera behind (even from above) the characters. Having said that- at least this way I can't get turned around so I'm relying less on the map.

I'm really enjoying the mix of voice acting and reading, it's like a really interactive visual novel in a way, I do enjoy the odd VN.

The fights are so hard once you get a few enemies at once. I have a feeling that the first true boss is going to give me Broodmother flashbacks- hopefully without the retina burning horror of an actual Broodmother lol! Ahhh, Broodmother, for me that was the pinnacle of boss fights- the build up alone had me freaked out...and then I saw her. What a Face

Last edited by LunaFancy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:10 am

Oft times it comes down to having a big enough party to deal out more damage than the other guys.

If you have enough gold you can hire extra party members at the inns.

You get to choose who and what they are in the CC almost like your main character.

This is in addition to the traveling companions you can pick up along the way.

If they're talking about the "killer" bear in Valewood, walking in there alone is suicide ...

I managed it with Aloth, Eder, and Scratch (my lion companion) but it was still tough.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:15 am

Hi all, just joined. Smile

I'm really enjoying this game. About the mouse look, they can't do that. It's a 2 dimensional map. It would break the illusion that it is 3D. I agree though, I'd like to change the view a bit during combat so I can see whats going on in some cases.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:47 am

More zoom both directions would be nice, modders will probably fix that soon enough.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:03 am

What party/companions are you currently running with?

I'm traveling with Aloth, Eder, Durance, Kana, and Sagani

I have a hired wizard, Salvador, running errands from Caed Nua.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:16 am

The same for me, except Sagani is sitting out and I have a hired barbarian.

I haven't figured out the running errands part yet. Do I need to build something specific?

I'm a little leery about building anything actually. lol. I built the main keep and right away got a horde of skeletons invading it Razz

Dang game kicked me out of the fight before I got a chance to loot too. I suppose if they didn't do that, people would use it for farming, so that makes sense.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Shinian wrote:The same for me, except Sagani is sitting out and I have a hired barbarian.

I haven't figured out the running errands part yet. Do I need to build something specific?

I'm a little leery about building anything actually. lol. I built the main keep and right away got a horde of skeletons invading it Razz

Dang game kicked me out of the fight before I got a chance to loot too. I suppose if they didn't do that, people would use it for farming, so that makes sense.

Your "extra" companions will stay in the mansion, hirelings will stay in the keep's barracks.

You need to repair one or the other and have someone "in residence" before you can assign them to an errand.

I've only had two attacks on the keep so far, neither was difficult to repel.

The security rating has a lot to do with that so I suggest going for upgrades, repairs , and hirelings that boost that before prestige.

I haven't figured out the "prestigious visitor" business yet.

Finally made level 12 (?) where I can upgrade my equipment's quality to superb ... and I can't get my hands on the necessary dragon parts to do it. Crying or Very sad
    LunaFancy
    LunaFancy

Post by LunaFancy Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 am

Ugh, been ill and run off my feet withy Akira puppy as well as having a net outage, so long toime no see guys. Smile

I think I'm doing something wrong since I keep having my arse handed to me in the keep where I'm meant to find the old watcher. Was I meant to hang around the hanging town and level up or something?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:17 am

Good to hear from you LunaFancy.

You will definitely need to level-up before venturing too deeply into the Endless Paths.

Spoiler ...

Finished my first play through and trying to decide on next class.

I didn't get all the companions this time around and I didn't ... gonna make sure I do that next time.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:04 am

I would strongly recommend playing Trial of Iron. That's a heartache waiting to happen. I lost some NPCs and then to get so close to the end... oh... mercy.

Regular saves is the only way to go.
    grinus
    grinus

Post by grinus Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:04 am

I tried out PoE yesterday. It's a sublime experience. It really brought back nostalgia but at the same time, it felt as if Baldur's Gate was reborn into the modern era. I have some issues with UI but there are mods for that. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:48 am